I offer editorial services for writers, publishers, and businesses. In the past I have worked with Brow Books reading their slush pile, West Writers Group preparing work for publication, and am currently working as a commissioning editor at The Lifted Brow, as well as a string of clients who needed work prepared for various projects.
I can help with anything from work you want to submit to a journal, manuscripts that need to be looked over for publication, or any written work you need prepared for your business.
My services include:
- Line editing
- Grammar editing
- Beta reading
I can offer quotes for both general overview feedback, or more in depth edits using track changes to insert comments and suggestions.
If you’re interested in these services, please get in contact via my email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide me with the following. I will get back to you within 24 hours with a quote and estimated time of completion.
1. The genre of your work, and whether it is for yourself or a business.
2. The current word count, and if you anticipate it will be more, or need it cut down.
3. If it is a manuscript, let me know the plot of your piece in a few sentences, spoilers included.
4. What it is you want me to look out for. Do you think there’s an issue with the plot? Maybe you just want me to proofread and look out for errors. Let me know what you’re after.
5. When you need the edits back by.
6. Finally, let me know if you have attached only a sample or the completed piece (or as much of the piece you’ve completed so far.)
Testimonials and references to my freelance work are always provided upon request.